Carrot Pumpkin Risotto
Carrot, pumpkin risotto is a fantastic recipe that can be adapted to any veggies that is in the fridge. This makes a great meal for the whole family and any vegies can be used. Also it freezes very well.
- 90g butter
- 1 onion or leek finely chopped
- 250g pumpkin cut into small cubes (i often use Sweet Potato)
- 2 carrots cut into small cubes
- 7-8 cups of stock
- 2 cups rissotto rice
- 1 cup grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Heat 60g butter in large heavy based saucepan.
- Add onion (or leek) and fry for 1-2 mins or until soft.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Mash slightly with a potato masher.
- Put the stock in a seperate saucepan and keep at simmering point.
- Add the rice to the vegies and cook for 1 min, stirring.
- Ladle enough hot stock to cover the rice, stir well.
- Reduce heat and add more stock as it is absorbed stirring frequently.
- Continue until rice is tender and creamy ( approx 20mins) You may need to add a little more stock.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the remaining butter, cheese and nutmeg and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and leave for 5 mins before serving.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...