Beef in chocolate
Keywords: family, iron, protein, chocolate
Looking for some interesting dinner inspiration? Try this beef in chocolate recipe (not as crazy as it sounds!)
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- cloves of garlic (4+ – to your liking)
- 500g diced beef (the cheaper the cut the better) or 1 kg Osso Bucco or 1kg beef cheeks (whole)
- Half a block of chocolate (dark is best but any will do)
- 1L stock (beef or vegetable)
- Red wine (optional) about half a bottle
- Roughly chop all vegetables.
- Brown off meat.
- Cook off vegetables until just tender.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker (or oven proof casserol dish with lid).
- Cook on LOW for as long as possible (min 3 hours).
- Serve with polenta, mash or cous cous.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...