Keywords: family, parenting, healthy lifestyle tips, protein
Easy to prepare and easy to enjoy – these beef fajitas are extremely tasty and guaranteed to become a family favourite!
- 600g beef strips
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 red onion, shredded
- red and green capsicum, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- grated cheese
- 1 fresh lime
- salt and pepper to season
- sour cream and tomato salsa to serve
- Coat 600g beef strips with 2 tbsp oil, sprinkle with 1 tsp each ground cumin and sweet paprika, season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large, heavy based frying pan until moderately hot; cook the beef in two batches. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add shredded red onion and shredded red and green capsicum to the pan, cook for 1 minute.
- Return beef to pan, stir to warm and squeeze the juice from a fresh lime over the beef. Remove beef from pan immediately.
- To serve, spread warmed or char-grilled tortillas with sour cream or tomato salsa, shredded lettuce and cheese, top with warm beef strips. Roll up and enjoy. Serve with lime wedges.
It’s a wrap…your choices for roll-ups
Soft tortillas are available from the supermarket in the Mexican food section. They come in long-life sealed packs so are great to have on standby in the cupboard. You can warm the tortillas by microwaving them for a few seconds or by placing on a char-grill plate or barbecue flat plate for about 10 seconds.
Other choices are pita pockets, Lebanese bread and lavash bread, these are probably best served on the day you buy them, but you can freshen them up by placing in foil and warming in a moderate oven for a few minutes.
Some other similar recipes
Loading tip submission...
Loading tips list...