Going for a Silly Swim
Age: baby, toddler
Skill for Bub: Muscle Builder, Just for fun, Mind Builder
Who says it’s too cold to go swimming? Jumping around in an inflatable kiddie pool filled with scarves becomes a perfect cold-weather activity.
It’s tough to keep toddlers interested in one activity for a long period of time. Here’s one idea that costs a bit more money, but is worth the investment when you see how long your little one stays amused.
Gather or Buy:
- An inflatable pool (Consider purchasing one with a built-in slide for even more fun!)
- A large quantity of sheer colorful scarves (Available at craft or toy stores)
- Inflate the pool and fill it with the scarves.
- Place your child in the pool (or help her down the slide).
- Show her how to crawl around, throw the scarves up in the air, and play peek-boo!
- As always, be sure to supervise your child during this activity.