Two-Layer Nappy Cake
Skill for Bub: Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
Although you can’t eat this kind of cake, it will surely be one of the sweetest gifts you can give to a mum-to-be.
Filled with nappies, burp cloths, bibs, and more, this cake gives a new mum all of the ingredients she’ll need to take care of her newborn.
What You’ll Need
- 43 Huggies Infant® nappies
- 3 Huggies Newborn® nappies
- 3 burp cloths
- Baby socks
- Comb and brush set
- Teething rings
- Nappy pins
- Small stuffed animal
Assemble the Bottom Layer
- Arrange 30 of the Huggies Infant® nappies in a circle with one pressed firmly against the other.
- Tie them tightly together with a pretty ribbon bow.
- Insert the Huggies Newborn® nappies, burp cloths, and baby socks randomly between the diapers.
- “Frost” the cake with the bibs, allowing them to cascade down the sides.
Assemble the Top Layer
- Arrange 13 of the Huggies Infant® nappies in the same fashion as the bottom layer.
- Tie them together with a pretty ribbon bow.
- Place on top of the bottom layer.
- Insert the bottle, rattles, comb, and brush set between the nappies.
- Hook the teething rings onto the pins and fasten to the sides of the cake.
- Place the stuffed animal on top on the cake.
- Gather tulle around the cake and secure it with a ribbon bow.
Show off your creation at the baby shower by using it as a table centerpiece instead of flowers.