Spread the Word
Skill for Bub: Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
You’ve probably seen the typical birth announcement, and you may even have seen a pregnancy announcement. But if you want yours to stand out from the crowd, we have fun and unique ways to spread the word that you’re pregnant among your partner, family and friends!
For many expectant parents, a positive pregnancy test is news to be shouted from the rooftops! But others wonder when the right time is to share their pregnancies with their partner, family and friends. The truth is that it is an individual decision only you can make, and how you spread the word can be as unique as you are. One mum whose husband is a police officer had the communications dispatcher announce her pregnancy over the police radio. Yet another fulfilled her husband’s lifelong dream of having his name read over the loudspeaker at a Test Cricket match – telling the everyone the good news!
Here are a few other creative and eye-catching ideas to try:
- Gift wrap the home pregnancy test – Though the idea of handing over a stick you have peed on may seem icky, it’s actually not messy at all and is the hardest physical evidence you have of your big news!
- Gift wrap his car – Adorning his vehicle with pink and blue balloons and streamers has huge impact. Throw a baby outfit on the driver’s seat for added effect.
- Walk into the room wearing a “Mum-to-be” shirt and hand him a “World’s Best Dad” shirt to match. Then watch his face light up!
When sharing the news with family and friends, try sending a pregnancy announcement. Here are a few ideas:
- Buy or make a shirt that says “Mum-to-be!” and see how long it takes for people to notice.
- For your parents or in-laws, buy or make shirts or bibs that say, “I love my Grandma/Grandpa or Nana/Poppa!” and give them as gifts.
- This idea requires a bit more skill: Scan an ultrasound photo. Next, scan a photo of you and your partner. Place the photo of you and your partner on the front of a card and the ultrasound photo on the inside of the card. Add the following text on the front: “We’re growing!” Add the following text on the inside: “Baby reports that his womb with a view will do nicely until ___________ (insert due date). See you then!”
- Visit any number of online sites to send customised e-cards announcing your pregnancy virtually (search engines update this information often).