Digging for Dinosaurs
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Muscle Builder, Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind Builder
Budding paleontologists can hunt down prehistoric creatures.
If your child’s latest passion is dinosaurs, he’ll love going on a Jurassic journey right in your own backyard!
What You’ll Need
- Extra-large container
- Plastic bucket
- Plastic shovel
- Dinosaur stickers
- Plastic dinosaur figurines
- Plastic dinosaur eggs
- Fill a container with mulch, soil, or sand. (Put a drop cloth underneath the digging station to prevent too much of a mess.)
- Bury the dinosaurs and dinosaur eggs.
- First, have your child decorate his special “dinosaur-hunting” bucket with stickers.
- Then, let him dig through the mulch with the shovel or his hands to unearth the objects.
- Once he finds all of the dinosaurs, encourage him to engage in pretend play with them