Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Just for fun
A little paint and a lot of imagination transform plain boxes into a train for your little one.
If your child likes playing with trains, he’ll love pretending to be the conductor of his very own locomotive that he can help design.
What You’ll Need
- Large boxes
- One 20 × 30 cm sheet of cardboard
- Paper plates
- Nontoxic tempera paint
- Paintbrushes or small paint roller
- Paint two or three boxes in a colour of your child’s choice.
- Make wheels for the train by gluing a row of paper plates on the lower side of each box.
- Curve the sheet of cardboard into a cylinder, staple it closed, and glue it to the top of the front “car” to use as the steam pipe.
Hint: Depending on the size of the box, you may be able to put a few small seats inside to be used by other passengers. All aboard!