Make A Kite
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Outdoor, Muscle builder
Encourage your kids to get off the couch and have a good run around with their new homemade kite.
made this with my niece who spent hours with it on the beach.
– Kylie, Tauranga.
- Plastic shopping bag
- ribbons, scarves or strips of material
- a long piece of string
- Start by decorating the shopping bag. We drew a face on ours with a permanent texta.
- Staple the strips of material or ribbons to the bottom of the shopping bag.
- Tie one long piece of string to the open end of the shopping bag; tying it through the handle works well.
- Take your new kite to a windy park or to the beach. It won’t take long for the wind to catch the bag and the kite flies on it’s own!