Skill for Bub:
Felt is a soft and versatile fabric that is easy to use for a variety of crafts. This craft activity is simple with few materials required, but produces beautiful unique puppets that will keep your children entertained for hours.
What you need
- Squares of coloured felt from craft shop
- Large wool needle
- Extra felt cut offs
- Craft glue
1. Cut out 2 layers of felt in the shape of the puppet you wish to make. eg. dinosaur, fairy, clown etc
2. Poke some holes through all around the outside of the two shapes.
3. Threat some wool in and out through all the holes to hold the two pieces together, leaving the bottom open for your childs hand to go in.
4. Glue on some eyes.
5. Cut out or buy little shapes/felt that you can glue on as teeth, claws, bow tie, clothes, hats, wings etc.
6. Allow your glue to dry, and then enjoy hours of fun putting on puppet shows with your kids!