Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Mind builder
Children create their own imaginary marine-life menageries.
CAUTION: Adult supervision is always recommended when creating these crafts. Please note that there may be small parts for some of the crafts that could be a choking hazard for children under three years of age and/or tools needing close adult supervision. Created crafts may not be intended for use as toys and these should only be used with adult supervision by children under three years of age.
Fun is the catch of the day with this design-your-own fish tank activity.
What You’ll Need
- Blue cellophane wrap
- One sheet of white poster board
- Pictures of fish, seashells, starfish, and other sea creatures cut out from magazines or designed by hand on construction paper
- Tan construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Bubble wrap cut into small circles
- Glue stick
- Use the tan construction paper to cut out a layer of sand and glue it to the bottom of the poster board. Cut out a sand castle and treasure chest too.
- Have your child paste the magazine cut-outs or his own fish designs to the poster board in an arrangement of his choice.
- Cut out the green paper to look like seaweed and other marine plants and add them as well.
- Show the fish blowing bubbles by pasting on the bubble wrap circles.
- Wrap the picture in the cellophane to create an oceanic effect.
What a whale of a good time!