Age: toddler, child, parent
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
Making these sweet and sticky treats might be even more fun than eating them!
With this exciting rainy day activity, your kids will definitely not be quiet as a mouse while helping you to make these puffy little creatures:
CAUTION: Adult supervision is always recommended when creating these crafts. Please note that there may be small parts for some of the crafts that could be a choking hazard for children under three years of age and/or tools needing close adult supervision. Created crafts may not be intended for use as toys and these should only be used with adult supervision by children under three years of age.
What You’ll Need
- 10 large marshmallows
- 10 mini marshmallows
- White cake frosting
- Black shoestring liquorice
- Mini M&Ms®
- Attach two large marshmallows together with a toothpick to make the mouse’s head and body.
- To make the ears, use the frosting to cement two mini marshmallows on top of the “head” marshmallow.
- To make the eyes, use the frosting to glue on two mini M&M candy.
- To make the whiskers, first cut four small pieces of liquorice. Using a toothpick, poke holes in the marshmallow where the whiskers will go, and poke the liquorice in the holes.
- To make the tail, twist a small piece of liquorice into a curlicue.
- Using a toothpick, poke a deep hole where the mouse’s tail will go.
- Poke the liquorice into the hole.