Skill for Bub: Muscle builder, Just for fun
Pregnancy is a sensory experience. Get in touch with yourself, and put on a show for your partner, with a few belly dance moves.
Women in all stages of pregnancy can use the exotic tools of belly dance to prepare themselves – and their spirits, minds and bodies – for childbirth. Certain body postures and movements from belly dance correspond to those used in prenatal preparation. When belly dancing, wear loose, comfortable clothing such as those you would wear for yoga, or show off your belly with a sarong skirt and bikini top. Feel good and have fun!
To keep the body’s core area limber, try this:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, and slowly transfer weight to your right foot.
- Follow this by moving the right hip directly over the right foot.
- Do the opposite with your left foot and hip. Repeat.
- Once you’ve mastered this move, you can add a circular motion to the movement, going from side to side as well as front to back.
- To take this activity to the next level, check out belly dancing videos, available at retailers nationwide.