Age: baby, parent
Skill for Bub: Muscle builder, Just for fun
Stimulate your child’s sense of touch with an easy-to-make stuffed reptile.
CAUTION: Adult supervision is always recommended when creating these crafts. Please note that there may be small parts for some of the crafts that could be a choking hazard for children under three years of age and/or tools needing close adult supervision. Created crafts may not be intended for use as toys and these should only be used with adult supervision by children under three years of age.
A snake filled with beans creates an adorable toy that feels good to the touch.
What You’ll Need
- 1 package of dried beans
- A pair of stockings or a knee-high sock
- Googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Brightly colored ribbon
- Fill one stocking leg with beans. (If you are using stockings, cut off one of the legs.)
- Double knot the end of the stocking to prevent the beans from spilling out.
- Define the head of the snake by tying a piece of ribbon around the ankle of the stocking.
- Glue a pair of googly eyes on either side of the toe seam.
- Use fabric paint or sew on buttons to decorate the snake.
- Your child will find the feel of the snake soothing as it slithers through his hands.
WARNING: Prevent injury by supervising your child at all times when he’s playing with this toy.