Make a picture of Santa
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Making memories, Parties and Celebrations
Get the kids to make a picture of Santa using basic craft bits and pieces.
This is an easy activity for kids of all ages. Use any materials you have lying around at home and add a bit of colour or glitter for that special effect.
You will need the following:
- One large piece of cardboard or paper
- Various bits of coloured paper
- White paper
- Glue and paint brush
- Coloured pencils, crayons or markers
- Glitter glue
- Cotton wool balls
- Tear a piece of coloured paper into a large, oval shape as shown. A soft pink coloured paper would work well or you can use a brown paper lunch bag. Glue the oval shape onto a piece of card board or paper.
- Tear up lots of pieces of white paper for the hair and beard. Try using tissue paper as it is soft and easy for little hands to tear up. You will need to glue on several layers so have lots of bits of paper ready. For a softer effect you could replace the paper with cotton wool balls. Glue the paper or cotton wool around the face so it looks like hair and a beard. Make sure you add the whiskers in as well.
- Tear 2 small circles of coloured paper for the checks and one large circle for the nose. Pink and red are great colours for this step. Glue them into place.
- Use the pencils and crayons to draw in the eyes, eye brows and a big, happy smile.
- Cut out a piece of red paper or left of Christmas wrapping paper for the hat. Glue the hat into place. Decorate the hat with glitter glue.
- Add a cotton wool ball to the hat as shown.