Make a picture of Rudolph
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Making memories, Parties and Celebrations
Get the kids to make a picture of Rudolph using basic craft bits and pieces.
This is a cheap and easy activity for kids of all ages. You only need very few scrap materials to get started and I’m sure you’ll find most of them lying around them house already.
You will need the following:
- One large piece of cardboard or paper
- One brown paper lunch bag
- Scrap pieces of coloured paper in red and white
- Glue and paint brush
- Black coloured pencil, crayon or marker
- Glitter glue
- Cotton balls
- Cut out a large pear shape from either soft brown paper or the brown paper lunch bag as shown. Make this shape quite large if possible; it makes it much easier for little fingers to glue on the other bits later. Glue the shape onto the cardboard.
- Cut out a large red circle for the nose and glue it to the middle of the face.
- Cut out 2 smaller circles from the white paper for the eyes and glue them into place.
- Use the pencils and crayons to draw in the eyes, eyebrows and a big, happy smile.
- Use the black crayon to draw in the antlers or find two small twigs in the garden and glue those in place for a 3D effect.
- Add some cotton wool ‘snow’ balls around Rudolph as desired.