Christmas Fridge Magnets
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun
Family and friends will love receiving a set of handmade Christmas magnets that they can use for years to come.
Family and friends will be delighted to receive something they can keep
for many years to come! - Wendy, NSW.
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 2 cups bicarb soda
- damp cloth
- cookie cutters
- rolling pin
- acrylic paints
- paint brush
- acrylic spray glue
- used magnets from old fridge ads/calendars
- Make craft clay by combining cornflour, water and bicarb soda in saucepan; stir over medium heat for approx 4 mins until a moist mashed potato consistency (food colour may be added for coloured clay).
- Remove from heat, turn onto a plate, and cover with a damp cloth until cool.
- Knead until smooth.
- Shape as desired or roll out and shape with cookie cutters (may be stored for later use in an airtight container).
- Let dry overnight.
- Paint with paints.
- Spray over the top with spray paint to seal.
- Glue used magnets to the back and write a small message.
- Optional: wrap in celophane and attach gift tag.
“I made these with my 21mth old son for family and friends. We did the shapes on one day and painting over a few days as he had a short attention span. Family and friends will be delighted to receive something they can keep for many years to come!”