Christmas candle Holders
Skill for Bub: Hand/eye coordination, Just for fun, Parties and Celebrations
Make some colourful candle holders to decorate the table this Christmas.
Lots of people love candles especially at Christmas time! Help your child decorate some candle holders which they can give to family and friends as gifts.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Candle or tea light holders. Many items can be used for this and are all readily available from most discount stores. You can use glass or plastic bowls, cardboard boxes, empty food tins (use a clean tin, preferably one that has been opened with a ring pull lid, such as baked beans or tomatoes) or anything in the right size you can find around the house. Have a look in the pantry, you will be amazed how much can be re used from in there.
- Glue, coloured felt or paper, glitter pens and scissors.
- Small candles.
Putting it all together:
- Decide what you will use as your candle holder and help your child decorate the outside as detailed below.
- For glass or plastic holders – cut out a variety of felt pieces in the shape of Christmas items such as trees, holly, stars and angels. Glue them onto the glass and let them dry. Once dry outline the shape with glitter glue pens and add some colourful Christmas bits like pom pom’s if you like.
- For cardboard and food can holders – help your child paint the outside of the box or tin with basic craft paints. Cut out a variety of paper, cardboard or felt pieces in the shape of Christmas items such as trees, holly, stars and angels. Glue them onto the cardboard or tin and let them dry. Once dry outline the shape with glitter glue pens and add some colourful Christmas bits as you like.
- Once it is all dry, place the candles inside the holders making sure they are not too close to the edge.