Roll and Fly
Age: baby, parent
Skill for Bub: Muscle builder, Just for fun
This fun exercise will build Baby’s muscles and your own!
This is prime time for Baby muscle building. Encourage your baby to strengthen those growing muscles with this fun game.
Roll and See
- Lay Baby on his back on a blanket on the floor.
- Grab one of his favourite rattles or noise-making toys, and let him see that you have it.
- Lay down about a foot away from Baby and shake the toy. Baby may try to turn over to see where it’s hiding.
- Let him try to turn over a few times, then reach out and help him turn over.
- Repeat this, and soon he will be able to turn over and see where you’re stashing that toy!
Here’s another fun activity to help strengthen Baby’s head and neck, shoulders, upper and lower back. It also may help develop strength and balance.
Up like a rocket,
Down like a plane,
Back and forth like a choo-choo train.
I can fly here,
I can fly there,
I can fly anywhere.
Begin by lying on your back and placing Baby on your tummy with her head toward your face and her feet toward your feet. While saying the first line, with your hands firmly around her chest, raise her in the air and raise her toward your face. For the second line, bring her back down to your chest. For the third line raise her up in the air, move her in forward-and-backward motion. Then raise her up like an aeroplane and move her around in a circular motion for the last lines of the rhyme.
This is a great workout for both of you.