Anything You Want Holder
Age: toddler, child
Skill for Bub: Muscle Builder, Just for fun
This fun activity utilises fine motor skills and results in a useful keepsake.
Toddlers enjoy having things that are “theirs.” By helping your child create this special keepsake box, he can not only practice sorting and counting objects, but also have a unique place to keep a special collection or other little treasures. (Keep on the lookout for choking hazards!)
What You’ll Need:
An empty and clean round container such as an oatmeal canister
Wallpaper samples or shelf paper
Markers, crayons, stickers, etc.
What To Do:
- Choose a wallpaper sample and help your child cover the container with it.
- Or, take a plain sheet of shelf paper and give your child the washable markers, crayons or stickers and let him decorate his special container however he likes.
- Write your child’s name on the container and show him the letters that make up his name. This will help him start identifying the look of his name.
- Personalise the container by gluing on his picture.
- Let him put his special treasures (rocks, toys, etc.) inside!