Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Personal Messages
  5. New and i just want to introduce myself properly.

New and i just want to introduce myself properly. Rss

I am a grandmother whom has adopted my first cousins baby whom i have named Robin-Anzio. There was one young lady i responded to having 5 children at the age of 23yrs old... However i have 4 adult children and about seven grandchildren three of them which i actually have raised and i love it. Parenting is one of the hardest things on earth to do know matter what the professionals tell ya. Children are different and each child learns at different levels. When i was a young parent of 4 children i struggled hard time. Back in the 70s life was a lot different compared to what it is now. There is a lot more information support groups and... you name it computers that you can hook up to like i am now reaching out to others. I never had this in my time. But i must say having my mokos which means grandchildren i just love them to pieces and my son that i have adopted has made my life happier and different at the same time. I think i am a lot more patient now as a grandmother and a mother again than i was as a young mother back in the 70s. Any way its just so great to be able to have this kind of service available for parents out there to touch base with other parents to share there thoughts and ideas about issues with our children and babies.. Goodnight out there to all.....

joann,nz,robin-anzio

Hi Joann,

You sound like a truly wonderful and unselfish mother. I know where i am coming when i need advice. wink I really hope your family appreciates you, and realises what a great person you are.

Welcome to Huggies, and i hope you get as much out of it as many other mums have,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi Tepe, you really touched my heart girl with your honest opinion you sent online to me thank you. Yes i am very lucky to have such a supportive family that do appreciate me...Well i hope anyway... having my two adult daughters i wouldn't know what i would do without them in my life. Whanau is very important to have Tepe i always say stay strong together. However not getting of track but I look after my step mum as well she had a stroke so i brought her home here to my home to look after her and this morning my dad and i just took mum into respite care. Thats when families can have time out for awhile... and we can place them into a rest home. Theres three generations in my home. My dad is still fit and healthy my grandchildren are his greatgrandchildren. And i am in my early 40s but still feel healthly and young as ever. We only just got home and i just had to connect onto huggies i love it there is so much stuff that huggies have to offer" Amazing" any way Tepe you have a wonderful day be thinking of you and your family

joann,nz,robin-anzio

You sound like a fantastic lady, mother, grandmother.

It would be so much harder now as so much has changed.

PS any ideas on how to get a 1 year old to sleep thru would be fantastic.

Take care..

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Joann, it is fantastic to see another family that is 'out of the ordinary'. I am a single mum. My mother and father and brother are very involved in the raising of my son.

I think this is the way it should be and we have lost so much over the years with the changing of society. Information and advice that was once passed from mother to daughter and aunt to sister has fallen as families lose closeness. I think we are beginning to see a change again as people join together to become communities once more - even if it is online.

I have never felt as secure in the world and as welcome to the community as what I am now that I'm a mother. I think once you become a mother it all changes and you are joined to all the other mothers of the world. It is the greatest honour!

All the best to you and all the other mums out there.
Sign in to follow this topic