Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. SA & NT
  5. anyone from NT or live in a remote area

anyone from NT or live in a remote area Rss

hi my name is sunshine. i am 24 yrs old and live in a remote town called tennant creek. im 33 wks pregnant and due in march with my first child. just wanting to find other mothers or mothers to be from NT or outback areas for chats. you can leave me a message on here or email me on hjames@switch.com.au

sunshine, geraldton,serenity born 17/3/04

Hi Sunshine,

I have recently moved to Darwin from Perth, but I have also lived in Alice Springs before. I'm a first time mum (24yrs old) and have a 12 month old son. At the moment I'm 3 days late for my period so fingers crossed that I might be pregnant! Will do a test in a few days. I generally get on the computer every few days. So don't mind if you want to chat, ask each other questions etc.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

hi sorry i took so long to reply as i have been unwell. i have been back and forth from the hosp with mild pre-eclamsia. i am now 37 wks pregnant and monday my husband and i are off to alice springs till i have the baby. hopfully soon. i normally get online every day but for the next few weeks i wont be on much but as soon as i get back to tennant creek i will be back online everyday again. where in darwin do you live. i have lived in palmerston and rapid creek. let me know if your pregnant again. do you have a partner? well i will look for an answer next week. thankyou for writing to me.

regards sunshine

Now I'll have to apologise for taking so long, after checking a few times I didn't worry for a while as I thought that you weren't interested much cos you had found a friend in Alice. But it's great to hear back from you. To answer your questions yes I'm married but Hubby works away for 2wks & home for 1 (mining industry). We're renting a place in Brinkin (Great location) as Rapid Creek would have been a great place to live too. And YES! I'm pregnant again, due on Oct 20th. We're only having the two kids so this will be the last.
Good Luck and all the best with your labour, I know what it's like not to live very close to a hospital.
Is your Hubby in the mining game as well?
Look forward to hearing from you when you have had the baby & are settled back in at home.

Once again good luck, hope it's a breeze!

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

hi well sorry its been a while in alice for nearly 4 weeks. i had a girl her name is Serenity i had her on march 17 th at 6:28 am. she was 50 cm long and waight 7 pd 7 once. we got home last night. matthew was fab. i did it drug free and no tares. well hope to here from you soon

Hi! Congrats on your little girl! I've been waiting to see how you went. She has a lovely name too.
Glad her Dad was so good for you. Makes it alot easier. Well done on the drug side and glad she came out well. Was it very long? I bet you missed your house being gone for so long. Glad to be home and settled? Or getting there anyway!
Let us know more about her and how she's doing.
Cara

Melbourne, 13 yr DD, 5.5 yr DS, 1.5 yr DS

hi thanks for your note. well i wont forget my labour in a hurry i was in labour for 10and half hrs and the birth was about 2 mins long. my waters broke at 5am then about 30 mins later i decided i needed to do a poo so for the next hr im on the toilet trying to get this poo out then about 6:20am i felt something funny put my hand down to feel and felt the babys head so i press the nurses alarm they come running in to the toilet with matthew at their heel. helped me walk to the bed got up and the head pops out she tells me to give a push and the rest of her shoots out across the bed and the midwife catches her at the end of the bed. its great to be home but does feel funny to be . she has a heep of hair its gold like her father.

Hi! Wow sounds like it was a very interesting labour. Doesn't sound like it was that difficult at all for a 1st baby. Most would be jealous!
Was it overly painful? I remember that mine was painful from the start and the contractions a killer. I was able to go with just showers for most of the labour and gas the last little while so was good for me but it was started and finished in less than 5 hours and never got past 5cm dilated. They told me not to push as I was only 4.5cm but I said I can't help it and not too long later he was born much to the shock of the midwives. They thought I would tear as they said I was pushing too early but he wasn't waiting for me to dilate and was out before we knew it. Doesn't sound like your labour was too much stress at all! Well done!
It's weird when you first bring the baby home and takes awhile to get used to since your house never had one before and then all of a sudden there's a baby in rooms where there wasn't one before.
She sounds like a cutie. I bet her dad spoils her.
Cara

hii sorry i took so long to answer ive been in hosp the last 4 days just got out today. i got a infection in the uterus so im on meds for a while till it heels up. its good to be home again.

Hi Sunshine,
Sorry to hear you have been in hospital and have an infection. I also got one after the birth of Callam but cleared up quite quickly and didn't need hospitilisation so was lucky. Did you get to have Hubby and Bub with you? How is she? Settling well? How have you been coping being a new mum?
I loved it both times but the 2nd time I was much more relaxed but still quite overwhelmed at times to have a little one to look after 24/7. Took some getting used to but loved every minute of it and still do. It gets SO tiring but my 2nd is such a good bub.
Hope you feel 100% soon.
Cara

hi well its only a little country hosp so i got to have bubs with me but hubby went home but he did get to stay with me till after visiting hrs. i get a little upset when she wont go to sleep early in the morning because im tired but other than that i happy being a new mom.

Hi!
That's great that you were able to have Serenity with you in hospital and good that they didn't kick Hubby out at the end of visiting hours. It's nice to be in your own home though.
It's hard being a new mum when you are so tired and the little monsters don't sleep when you want them to. It's natural to get a little upset. I've sure had my times!
Have you tried putting her in the pram and rocking her back and forth if she won't sleep? I used to do that with my little monster and still do at times. When he was so little I'd just leave him there to sleep but now that he's older once he's asleep (doesn't usually take to long) I put him in his cot.
I'm glad you're happy being a new mum. It can take it's toll though so try to rest when you can and look after yourself.
Cara

Sign in to follow this topic