Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. SA & NT
  5. Dove from Tennant Creek.......

Dove from Tennant Creek....... Rss

Hi Sunshine,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I guess bubs is keeping you busy. A months old now! I just hope you are managing with things ok, and Serenity is settling into a bit of a routine for you. We're here for you if you need to chat or ask any questions.

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

hi sorry shes 6 wks old now. i have seperated with matthew he went back to sydney and im thinking about moving to alice or darwin. she still wont settle in her cot ends up in bed with me.

sunshine

sunshine, geraldton,serenity born 17/3/04

Sorry to hear about your separation, it must be a hard thing to handle after you have just had a baby. I hope it's turning out to be for the best and that you have some friends or family to help and support you.

This baby must be wreaking havoc with my hormones cos I had a shocking week last week. I was very impatient and snappy with James, and ended up even yelling at him quite a bit! It didn't help that he was irritable also due to teething. But I had a good cry one day and since then have been feeling much better.

Are you ok and dealin with things well in general?

I hope you are having a good day today anyway & just take it one day at a time as I do.

Kristina

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi Sunshine!
Sorry to hear about your separation.
How have you been coping? If you ever need an ear feel free to let us know and I can give you my personal email and I'm sure Kristina would say the same.
I found wrapping my DS tight and tucking him in worked to settle him in bed. I'm not sure what's it's like weatherwise there for you (never been there) but there are plenty of wraps out there you could use so she doesn't get too hot.
Have you tried settling her then putting her down?
I always found the pram worked for that. Pushing DS back and forth put him to sleep then I could move him.
Look after yourself and enjoy your little princess.
Where does your family live? Are you close with them?
Cara

Melbourne, 13 yr DD, 5.5 yr DS, 1.5 yr DS

hi sorry i took so long to reply but i went to alice springs for a while. im talking to him on the phone and he loves being back in sydney with his mates. some days i just cry and others im fine. im moving out bush with my parents in two weeks. shes getting better she sleeped from 8pm through till 3am so i got a 5 hr sleep between feeds. she know weighs 5 kg and is 6 cm longer. im making plans to come up to darwin for the show as i do most yrs as its at the same time as my birthday. ill let you know.gotta go serenity is crying

Hi Sunshine!
It's good you are able to talk to him but it's the last thing I'm sure you want to hear is that's he's happier! No wonder you cry. So would I. Hang in there! I'm sure it'll get better and just remember you have a gorgeous little girl to love and to love you. It's great she's sleeping better! Must feel better for you getting more sleep. I know I'm miserable when I have lack of good solid sleep.
Yeah let us know if you come up and if we are around (which I'm sure we will be) then would be great to meet up somewhere sometime!
It's great you have your folks around to help. Are you close?
Look after yourself and your precious angel!
Cara

Melbourne, 13 yr DD, 5.5 yr DS, 1.5 yr DS

just letting you all know that me and matt are back together and doing well i have moved to sydney to be with him hope you are all doing well

Sign in to follow this topic