Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Communities
  4. Melbourne
  5. Baby Swim Lessons in Melbourne?

Baby Swim Lessons in Melbourne? Rss

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good swim schools that teach babies and from what age? I'm in the Altona/Williamstown area, know of any around here?

Thanks
Jaime
Hi I think Footscary swim centre does however apparently most schools start from when they are 6mths old and no younger tahn that. However if you do find any others that start younger in your travels please let me know ta.

claudia_cab@hotmail.com

Claudia, Vic (Bella 2 and Billy8mths

One of the mums in my mother's group takes her son to lessons just of Old Geelong Rd Hoppers Xing, & they start from 3ths & the first lessons for free.
Thanks Ladies, I will look into those. There is apparently also one in Altona Meadows thats starts them from 6 months I think.
hi jamie
my son started swimming when he was 4 months old at Adam Saddler Swim Centre in essendon. they have an excellent program. he is 2 yrs now and a wizz in the pool. my 4 month old will start in the new semester. 1st lesson free.
melissa

melissa,MELB, 2 male monsters 2y & 4m

Hi Jaime,
Paddles in Altona Meadows or Sweenys in Altona both get raved about by my friends and I. My two oldest swim at Paddles and my friends kids mostly go to Sweenys.

I suggest you give them both a call and ask when the baby lessons are. Then go and have a look at both centres and see what one feels more comfortable.

You will need to get in the pool with your baby for the lessons.

Mum to 4 and loving it (most of the time!)
Thanks Ladies!

mumto4 - thanks for the names! I didn't know the names and had a rough idea where they were tho. Been meaning to go and check them out and now I know the names I will. I think it's a good idea to check them both and see which I feel comfy with too so I will defiantely do that!
especially since I FINALLY found some of those 'Little Swimmers'!! hehe
Hi there,
Does anybody know of any in Rowville??
Mares and James (12 months)

Mares, VIC, 5yr old James and 2 yr old Michael

is anyone aware of any swimming lessons for babies in the dandenong area? preferably ones that have had good reviews but i'll check any out that you know of. any suggestions would be appreciated my little boy is nearing 3 months fast:)

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Apparently www.austswim.com.au has a swimming lessons locator to help you find places in your area. From what I've been told, most places will start lessons for babies 6 months or older (but some go younger).

Mumto4 - thanks for your recommendations. We've started our lessons at Paddles and loving it (except not much of a change area). My friend takes her daughter to the new place in Hoppers Xing which she say is fantastic and has plenty of changing area.
Hello

Has anyone been to swimming lessons at waves in cheltenham?

We are looking at starting swimming lessons next term and I was wondering what they are like

thanks heaps

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Sign in to follow this topic