Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. When to start using "normal" laundry powder??

When to start using "normal" laundry powder?? Rss

Hi, I was just wondering when is a good age to start using normal laundry powder as opposed to napisan which is what I use for all my sons washing and have done since day1. My son is now 5 months. Any info on this would be good...ta
Hi

I have used normal laundry powder from day 1 however if you are concerned try the sensative powders first.

Happy Washing

Bec
I used lux flakes for all my boys washing - but that soon wore thin. I now use the laundry liquid Amolin - I find it is not as harsh as normal laundry detergent and a good in between.

Victoria ~ 3yr old beautiful twin boys

Hi Enigma

I have used cold power from day 1 and have had no problems (I wash everyons clothes together) but if your boy has sensetive skin or your washing cloth nappies alot I would continue using napisan although napisan quite expensive.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

my fiance and myself have very sensetive and we have always used omo sensetive as soon it came on the market. we've used this for eilish too. no problems.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Hi,
My eldest son and my husband are allergic to most washing powders, wether they be cheaper ones, or expensive ones, including OMO Sensitive. The only washing powder we use is Surf Concentrate. It is not too expensive, and we have no reactions to it. I have used this with all my children from the day they were born.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

the only thing i would suggest is if u are using a liquid is to make sure its clear and not a thick one.

or if u use a powder disolve it in a bit of hot water 1st b4 u add it into ur wash

michelle

hope this helps

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

I've used normal washing powder from day 1 and had no problems with it, however a friend of mine had to use omo sensitive as her son's skin went red all over from clothes being washed in the normal powder. I think it's just yet another of those things that's different for everyone.
Sign in to follow this topic