Huggies Forum

Anyones Hubby had the snip? Rss

Hi

Just want to know if anyones hubby has had the snip? How much did it cost? Advantages or Disadvantages? As we we thinking about it
Any information would be appriciated.

Bec
i had a friend of mine but she was female of course. she had her tubes cut or tied either or either as it was not good to have anymore kids as she as a spinal injury she was born with SB or something) back to what i was saying she had it done 8 yrs ago she had three kids the last when it was a ceaser she had the tubes done and they fell preggas again. depending on your healing they can rejoin. its not guaranteed....

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

Really?
I didn't know they could rejoin! Weird...
My mum actually got her tubes tied after my sister and i were born (twins - born 10 weeks early) and when we were a little older she decided that she wanted to have another child and paid all this money to have the procedure reversed and it didn't work.
The thing that scares me (up untill i learnt that sometimes it doesnt work!) is how final the procedure can be - like you cant have anymore children if ever you decide that you want "just one more".

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

My hubby hasn'y been done yet but I know of a couple of friends whose husbands have and the advantages that I know of are that the procedure is simple and the healing process is quick. It is usually done on a Friday so the men can go back to work on a Monday however everyone is individual and like everything there can be complications. I personally feel that it is the easiest options as tube tying has a longer healing process and is harder to reverse.

I have told my husband to consider it because he doesn't want any more children so it is his decision to make. I am not tying my tubes unless I'm 100% certain I do not want any more children.

QLD, 4yr Son & 16mth Daughter

My cousins hubby had a vasectemy years ago with his first marriage, which he had reversed last year. I think it cost them about $4000 for the reversal, I'm not sure how much it costs for the original procedure. They're 4 months preggers now so the reversal definately worked, it only took them a couple of months. When the time comes that's definately the way we're going to go coz I don't trust myself not to want "just one more".................I love having babies around

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Yes! but we lost our 6 year old to meninngococcal
We decided we needed to bring some new meaning to our lives so he had it reversed by a plastic surgen to increase the chances of it being successful. It cost $10,000 but worth every cent as we now have a 6mth old girl
Think long and hard about it you really never know what is around the corner life can be very cruel

NSW 3 kids

My partner and I are also talking about having the procedure perforemed on him as we think that 2 kid are plenty. We know someone who has had it done although he is much older, a friends father to be precise. They have had no problems with it since he had it done.

I know a little bit about them, apparently these days, you dont actually get the snip, you get the clip. Yes that is right, they actually clip the lines, and I belive they can do the same to women. There is actually a slightly higher risk of testicular and prostrate cancer, but these things should be discussed with a doctor, as I am no expert on this matter.

hope I have helped

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

found a site that may help you. it doesnt give costing, but does give general info
http://www.vasectomy.com/main.asp

Connor 24/1/03, Oliver 8/6/04, Zachary 5/12/07

We will be considering getting something done soon also but I have read that sperm not ejaculated are then absorbed back into the bloodstream & as a result antibodies can form.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hi Everyone

Thanks a lot for all your input we are really going to research it well before we do anything.

Thanks again!

Bec
Not fuggin likely. No one would go near his what not.
Sign in to follow this topic