Huggies Forum

Any mums who have premies? Rss

Am after emails regarding babies who were born premature, mine was 9 wks early,thanks,Cassie;Clare SA.

Cassie,SA,18mth baby

I can certainly relate to have a premmie baby!! My son was born at 25wks and experienced all sorts of problems and issues.

He's now a strapping toddler (18mths) and nothing stands in his way now despite his ill jump start to life.

Michelle, NZ

Devron born 25wks 2002, Jayden 38wks 2003 & Manaia

I don't have a premmie but I work with them, debhowell@ihug.co.nz

Debbie, NZ, due 25 August 04

Hi Cassie,
I had my little girl at 29 weeks. She was born May 2002 and weighed 1040gm. We spent 9 weeks in hospital as a growing prem and thank god we have had almost perfect bills of health. My husbands cousin was also in hospital at the same time as us (odd co-incidence) and he was born at 24 weeks and is the poster child of what can go wrong and still survive (hes a little fighter).
I expressed and breastfed until she was 16 1/2 months old (14 months corrected) and believe that this is why we haven't really had many illnesses.
I did find some premmie emails by searching in the categories. I'll see if I can find them and do another post to let you know where they are.

Fiona, NSW

If you go to the home section and fill in search with "premmies" you will find several posts. I just did and there was a terrific post about a little girl born November at 26 weeks. I cried reading it. What sort of work do you do with prems Deb?

Fiona, NSW

My little girl was born at 27 weeks and 3 days, weighing only 650 grams. She came home 3 days before her due date and spent a further 3 months on home oxygen.
She will be 1 year old (9 mths adjusted) on the 13th of January and other than having asthma is doing well.
My email address is heather@aacsis.com.au if you want to chat.
Hi there, sorry about the late reply. I'm a nurse so basically do all the cares, bloods, resusitations, admissions, care plans, establishment of breast feeding etc

I'll go look at that other section, thanks smile

Hi cassie,
How is your precious baby going. Did you find the email about Kaz and her dauughter caitlin? Its a great story and Kaz is truly a wonderful mum. Shes briinging back all kinds of memories for me. When is your child 2?
Take care

Fiona, NSW

Hi cassie,
I have just found a website that I wish I had known about a year ago. Its full of stories info everything about prems in Australia. Austprem.org.au. Well worth a look.
Hope your family is well

Fiona, NSW

my twin gurls were 4 months prem

nearly lost them both
[Edited on 13/11/2007]

bree-ella and isabella 12/9 04 mikayla 27/10 07

My little one was a 32 weeker and i'm more than happy to talk about my experience.
Sign in to follow this topic