Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Babies in Arms at the Movies..Is it worth going ?

Babies in Arms at the Movies..Is it worth going ? Lock Rss

Has anyone been to any "Babies in Arms" sessions at the movies ?

I am thinking of going for the first time with my 2 month old and just wondering if it would be worth it ...or is the sound of babies crying too over powering ??

Tell me your experiences ? Like can you actually feed your baby while you watch the movie ??

8 month old

Hi Melinda

I have been to one session of the babes in arms with my mothers group. My daughter was about 5 months at the time and it was fine. Of course there were babies crying but it wasn't really that much of a problem. You do need to leave your pram outside, but you can definately feed your bub no problems and my daughter fell asleep. Give it a go, and its cheaper than the normal price aswell.

Julie, mum to Abby 05/02/04 & Joel 12/04/07

Hi Melinda,

I'm from Melbourne & we've got 'mums & bubs' movies which sound like what you're talking about. I've only been to one & it was ok, the sounds of babies crying didn't matter too much as the movies are quite loud. The lights stay on a little so you can feed or change nappies. The only thing I wish I had've known before I went is get there earlier than you usually would. It was quite busy so it'd be better to avoid the queues & most importantly the pram traffic jam getting into the movie & finding a seat!

Mel

thanks Julie
sounds good..
Well thats something I can put on my list to do in terms of getting out of the house with bub.

8 month old

i go with my mums group every week no matter how crap the movie today is shark tale and we are all sooooo excited. The loudest cryer in the cinema is in our group so we are used to it and we love her to bits anyway smile

I highly reccomend it smile

Steph

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

we go heaps as well, it's fantastic to have your bub asleep in your arms, i find sometimes i watch her more that the movie.

we go for coffee afterwards, it's a great day out.

shell

bella, 03/03/04, baby 2 due 07/05/05

I have been to a 'babes in arms' I loved it. The 1st time I went was when my daughter was about 2.5mnths old, she was a bit lil' I went with friends that have children the same age and it was good to get together and get out of the house.

You only see what is 'G' rated or maybe a 'PG' that is suitable for children to view. You can feed at the movies coz its only mums with newborns or with older children but nobody cares. I do recomend to go. They have the sound turned down enough to hear but not to upset any babies.

Go to one and see for yourself I bet u go back again. smile

Alanna,VIC DD 030503 DS1 290605 & DS2 040407

sounds good. I definately will go soon ! Lets just hope my bub will be in a good mood.

thanks for your comment

8 month old

Sign in to follow this topic