Huggies Forum

Really Worried Lock Rss

Got up a little while ago, and i go out to say hi to my puppy.
He wont get up and he has pooed where he lays. Has not eaten dinner either.
I have just checked him all over for a tic, cant feel or see one. I have felt his legs and he moves them a little when i tug on them but does not seem to be in pain. I have no idea whats going on. I will take him straight to the vet at 8 when they open. Maybe i missed a tic? Anyone have an idea on what it could be? This is all i need. My kids will be devastated if something happens to him.
poor puppy sad hope he's ok!!!!!
Now he is dragging himself across the ground and has vomited. Not good. sad
sorry to hear - doesn't sound good
i know with my vet you can ring at anytime and it will divert to his home number and then he will meet you at the vet surgery straight away
sounds like an emergency i would ring the vet now
hope they can fix him up
Is there an emergency vet you can go to? Kinda sounds like a paralysis tick. We just got our cat put down due to one. His whole body was like jelly, and was trying to drag himself around. I wouldn't leave it till 8, just incase it is a tick he might not make it that long. I'm sorry, I hope it's not though. But you need to get somewhere ASAP.

Now he is dragging himself across the ground and has vomited. Not good. sad

sad so sad. let us know what happens at the vet
Most vets have an after hours number, and i would ring it asap. Is he vaccinated? could it be parvo? Even though he is vomiting, you need to make sure he still is hydrated so maybe syringe some water in his mouth until you can get him to the vet.
How he going?

How did you go at the vets?

Hope he recovers fast, poor thing

Hey Chloe,
Sorry to hear your pup is unwell sad hope hes okay!
just got back from the vets. I rang the after hours number and they met me there. It was a paralasis tick. I cant believe i missed it. I check him every day. I feel so bad. They are giving him the syrum and other injections. He is not well though, they dont know if he will be alright or not.
Its going to cost around 600-700 dollars a day!!!!
I know thats what you have to do but holy hell!
Anyway its just wait and see now. My youngest is so upset. sad
Did I just read right...$600-$700 a day?? how many days?? blink
Poor lil boy..its horrible seeing your much loved pet unwell sad
Dont feel bad hun..I assume they are very tiny to find?
Hope it all works out for you all..GBH xx

Did I just read right...$600-$700 a day?? how many days?? blink
Poor lil boy..its horrible seeing your much loved pet unwell sad
Dont feel bad hun..I assume they are very tiny to find?
Hope it all works out for you all..GBH xx

Thanks. Yep that much. I almost fell over when they told me.
It depends on how he goes. I will ring this afternoon and check. If he has improved then i can get him tommorrow. But each day will cost more.
The thing is I might pay all this money and he will still die.
Sign in to follow this topic