Huggies Forum

1st Birthday Party food ideas Rss

Its a few months until our little boy turns 1 but was just wondering what sort of food people had at their babies 1st birthday!

We are looking at having a party say from 2 till 4pm! there are going to be a few children but not many so mostly adults.

Also is it okay to ask people to bring their own alcohol?

thanks everyone

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi melis

We had Aimees party at 11am (it fitted in with her sleep times) and we too had mostly adults, we had heaps of finger food like pizza, cherrios, sausage rolls, cheese & crackers, fruit pieces etc. Most people are happy to provide their own alcohol and some will probally even bring a plate.
We didnt ask anyone to byo alcohol but they did anyway.

Hope your little boy has a wonderful day.

(I think its more fun for the parents anyway)

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

Make it adult food and kiddy food. Let the adults go back to childhood. Who would refuse fairy bread, or honey joys or chocolate crackles? Make a few mini pizzas using puff pastry and a pastry cutter- and keep the party pies and sausage rolls coming. At that time of day, that's about all you'll need. I'd think the adults with younger children will have their own food for their kiddies.
Cup cakes are fun and you can make lots of those and then lay them out to make the number one.
I wouldn't bother asking people to bring their own alcohol, I'm sure they can live without it for a whole two hours. Just make sure you supply other drinks. If anyone really wants to drink, they should think to BYO of their own accord. I think it might sound stingy to actually ask them to BYO.

Hope I've helped a little. Goodluck.

Super.
Hope I've helped.

bubsy32

thanks super

wasn't sure how it would sound to put byo on the invites!

In the past I have seen other people do it though!

I want to get lots of ideas before hand so I am no running around at the last minute trying to plan things!

thanks for your replies everyone

bye

have a great day

melissa

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Hi Melissa,

You're very welcome! Hope everything goes well for you. Sounds like you may have a few weeks to go yet, so please let us know how it all pans out. You are wise to start planning early, it will certainly make your life easier.

Take care,

Super.

bubsy32

hi there melissa

my son having a naming ceremony and 1st birthday together in june (maybe around the same time as u son) anyway if u wants some idea off me or me get idea off u well we should email each other can email me spac_dp@yahoo.com cause it sound like we in the same vote more adult less kids lol

hope to here from u
i getting everything early too

Tyler 12/6/03 . Dion 10/11/08

Sign in to follow this topic