Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Kids Sharing a Room Lock Rss

Hi Mums

My husband and I have been discussing whether or not our two daughters should share a room once the youngest goes into a bed.

We both think that it would be good for them to do it for a while. We have 4 bedrooms so we have enough rooms for them to have their own room and I am not sure how they would get along sharing. I used to share a room growing up and I hated it as my sister and I fighted constantly.

I was just wanting to hear from other parents whos kids share. How old were they when they started sharing and how has it worked for them and you?

Thanks
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

We always shared! We were in a 4 bedroom house, and after many years mum and dad built a bungalow as well. Mum and dad had one room, my two eldest sisters shared, my 3rd sister and i shared, and my 3 brothers were all in the same room until the bungalow was built, when 2 moved out there and one stayed inside. We had no other option with 7 kids in the family!

We're in a 4 b/room house now and my boys will share once the baby comes along. They're 2 and 1, and have slept in the same room on holidays so i know they'll be fine.

I don't mind them sharing as we have heaps of room, a lounge, formal lounge, rumpus room, formal dinning, kitchen meals area, etc, and a bigish backyard, so it's not as if they'll have to play, do homework in their room. It is, after all, only a place to sleep.

Goodluck with your decision

Dette, DS 06.03, DS 10.04, DD 03.06 & Due Sept 07!

Sign in to follow this topic