Huggies Forum

  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. The Importance of being a Mum...

The Importance of being a Mum... Rss

Hello all,

I just wanted to share this thought with you. As a mum without a mum of her own, I have come to realise just how important being a mum is. We should put all the little things aside and remember how big a role we play in our childrens' lives. I lost my mum when I was 14 years old and not a day goes by that I don't miss her and wish she was here.

As a mum now, I realise how important my role of mum is to my precious daughter and my baby boy on the way.

Even if you just read this post and don't leave a reply, I hope you will spare a moment to remember that being a mum is the most important job in this world.

Afterall who of us would be here without a mum that was willing to give birth to us...? Mum's come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life...

To all the mum's out there... keep up the good work!

Michelle smile
I agree with you. It has been said that being a mum is the hardest job you will ever have in your life and that is so true. I think that we all need to pamper ourselves and praise us for the hard work we do. So many of us (even myself!) think we are not doing a good job at bring our children up and we need to remember it is a hard job and we are doing well. Good luck with the birth of your baby boy. I hope all goes well for you and baby.
Hi Letitia,

Thanks for your reply. It is nice to see another mum recognise that we have the hardest, most rewarding and most important job in the world.

Thanks for your well wishes for me too.

Michelle
Hello

I agree with both of you!

our job is 24/7 no rest. It is such a wonderful job though as hard work as it is!

But as your baby grows up knowing that you were the one (and partners too of course) that looked after then and helped them on there way just makes you feel so proud!

I can't wait for my little boy to say I love you mummy! I bet I cry in a good way of course!

Well done everyone and keep up the good work you should be proud of yourself!

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Sometimes being a mum seems so hard and thankless and i find myself yearning for a day that i could just please myself and think of no one else. Then i go to get my son son up from his nap, get an ear to ear grin from him and an extra hard hug. It makes me forget about everthing else and loose myself in how wonderful being his mum is and how lost id be without this gorgeous little man in my life.

marianne, Qld , mum cheeky monkey 14months

Hi Melissa and Marianne,

Nice to hear from you. Both your replies made me a bit teary. Some days I wonder how we get through, but true enough when our child smiles at us and gives us big hugs we melt, all the bad things dissapear for a while. Being a mother is the best thing ever.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Yes Marianne bought a tear to me eye too. I gave up work to be a Full time Mum, and I still say that it's the best decision I EVER made. Sure times can get a little tough on one wage. But it is the most challanging and rewarding position I have ever been appointed to and I wouldn't swap it for the world. We are currently working hard on No.2.
All the best...
Hi mummy jen,

Thanks for your reply.

Goodluck with coceiving number 2!!
I have a 15 month old daughter and am almost 20 weeks pregnant with a little boy.

I wish you all the best.

Michelle smile
You all brought a tear to my eye, but you are all right. Being a mum is the lowest paid job ever, but it is the most rewarding, and in a survey done a few years ago, when 1000 women were asked "If they had to chose their ideal job, what would it be?"
81% answered "being a mother." My guess is, the other 19% weren't mothers.
Tracey

Mother of 3, Qld

Hi mummyjen, thanks for your reply, we're trying for #2 also, James is 14months, how old is you little one?

marianne, Qld , mum cheeky monkey 14months

Hi Michelle an all others who have responded,

What can i say when you have all said it so well, we just need to be reminded in the difficult times,

Take care,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi everyone
i've only been a mum for 4 mths and i honestly can't remember feeling as happy as i do when i get a great big smile from my daughter, nor can i remember what it was like without her.

theres only one more thing that could make it the most perfect job. and that would be if we got PAID to do the job we loved the most.. its been given a title -homemaker- and now it just needs a rate of pay. hehe smile
(this should be taken in a humerous context)

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Sign in to follow this topic