Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. Book: Toddler Taming Tips by Dr Christopher Green

Book: Toddler Taming Tips by Dr Christopher Green Rss

Boy is this little book an eye opener! I had no idea how my almost 16 month old views "his" world. He is definately and Oscar winner in my books with all the tantrums and wobblies he puts on. I am slowly starting to understand more about him than I have in a long time. It is also preparing me for the next stage of his development. It doesn't, however, stop me from still getting anxious when he winges demanding his dinner etc. My dad suggested earplugs to help with this problem - not to block it out but rather to turn it down - thanks dad!
Anybody else read/reading this book?
Dee
Hi Dee
I am also called Dee. This could be confusing!
I have read Dr Green's books, and find them very helpful, especially when we begin a new developmental phase. BTW, Charlotte will be 3 in August - very interesting age! She is amazing to say the least, and although she is usually no trouble, there are days when I feel like I can't do the motherhood thing. That's where Dr Green's advice has been useful. I now understand Charlotte's (occasional) difficult behaviour much better and can find new ways to deal with the frustrations she may have.
I am going to invest in the next book up called 'Beyond Toddlerdom' as it might help me keep what's left of my sanity over the next few years.
Dee

Dee

You could also try "How babies think" by Alison Gopnik, Andrew Meltzoff and Patricia Kuhl. It explains what babies are born knowing and how they develop, what they can do at different ages (eg they can't lie until they are four) and gives a very good explanation for the "terrible twos". Its easy to read and great to know that some science has actually been applied to explain how children learn. It won't give you tricks to deal with difficult behaviour, but it does explain WHY it happens. Good luck with the earplugs!
Sign in to follow this topic