Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Reviews
  5. Book: The Billings Method by Dr Evelyn Billings

Book: The Billings Method by Dr Evelyn Billings Rss

This book is about a natural birth control method and recognising the fertile period in your cycle. I found it very interesting and learnt alot about myself. It can be very useful if you are trying to concieve too. This is mainly what I used it for and would recommend it to anyone who may be trying to concieve or would like to try & pinpoint their ovulation period and fertile period in their cycle.

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

I agree with you Kristina. I bought this book and it really is full of interesting information about your body and how the whole cycle works. I used this method to fall pregnant and it worked the first time!!!! As I had just been married the month before everybody thought we had a shot-gun wedding - ha ha!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to learn more about their body and wanting to fall pregnant. It's amazing to learn that there are really only about 4 days in the month that you are really fertile - you would never think so with the amount of pregnant mums-to-be out there!

Gabriella, Chiara & angel called home

Hi there,

I too have used this method for almost 10 years now! After being on the pill for a couple of years, and being moody and irratable, I started doing most things as naturally as possible, and didn't want to be taking the pill. It has been great to use as a contraception (other than once which was my own fault, not the methods - which unfortunately ended in a Misscarraige). Then when my hubby and I decided to conceive.... we succeeded on the first attempt!!! It makes me wonder if a lot more people would find it a lot easier to fall pregnant if they were more in touch with what their body was doing. Anyway hubby and I will try for number 2 next year, so it will be interesting to see how long it takes us then... Maybe I'll pop back to this post and let you know!!! smile

Linda - mum to Riley 13.04.04 (#2 Due 29.12.05)

hey all,
the book certainly sounds like an interesting read (and well worth it)!! How much is it? Is it available at any bookstore?
Thanx

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

I had a little bit of a hard time finding it, but if you ask the bookstore they should be able to tell you (usually they may only have one copy) or may be able to order it in if they don't normally stock it. I brought mine in Perth at Dymocks. I can't remember how much it was exactly though but my guess would be around $25. Depends where you live, it could be worth trying your local library (or perhaps ebay?)

I know these posts are a few months old but just to let you know that the following website has everything you need to know about the Billings Ovulation Method and it's free. There are charts too that can be printed and used.

http://www.woomb.org/bom/

Angela

Fantastic! Wish I had known alot earlier. I only discovered the book through a little article in my newspaper!

Sign in to follow this topic