Huggies Forum

I'm new at this! Rss

Hi,
Just like to introduce myself...I'm 30 and a first time mum to six month old Nash, and loving it. Currently living in Tassie, just over half way thru a 3 yr stay for my hubbys' work. Used to live in Melbourne but gave up my job of 10 yrs to move here. Glad I did in one sense because I have a gorgeous little son now that I may not have had yet back in Melb. due to work commitment but on the downside we are missing family and friends terribly!! Anyway look forward to chatting...

Carina, Tas.

Hi Carin, My name is Jodi and I am a first time mum to 17 month old Joshua. I love being a mum and the new and exciting adventures it brings. My husband and I also live away from our families but are lucky that we are moving to SA with work and this is where hubbies family is. We are looking forward to the move but are also concerned with the effect this will have on our son. I don't know how you are finding things with having family support but I know we find it tough at times. We have only been out on our own twice since Joshua was born which was really nice. I had a laugh when my sister in law was complaining because her and hubby missed there monthly night out because Dad couldn't look after their son. I can hardly remember when Joshua was 6 months old it seems like forever ago. What I do remember is the poor little vegemites frustration over not being able to do things, it made me cry at times. He would try so hard to crawl or reach something but he just couldn't get there and would cry and throw tantrums. No he is walking things are better for him though he gets frustrated because things are still just out of his reach. What does Nash mean? Is it short for something? Happy Parenting!!

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Hi Jodi,
No Nash isn't short for anything..it's just the only boys name that hubby and I could agree on. It is not common at all though, we couldn't even find a meaning for it on the net but we both still liked it anyway! And yes he is trying his hardest to get around, at the moment it's rolling everywhere but he is starting to get his knees up so I guess it won't be long before we're in action..Yep it is a bit of a struggle not having any family support down here. My hubby and I haven't been out by ourselves at all since Nash was born.Not that I'm complaining, i think I'd be constantly missing him if we did! But I do get really home sick when I see my baby do something new or really cute and think of what my family is missing out on, and what Nash is missing out on by not having them around also but we do get fairly frequent visitors here so that cheers us up(mums here at the moment from Melb). You must be really happy to be moving close to family(that is of course if you get along ok with the in-laws..). We are planning to go back to Melb at the end of next year and it just can't come quick enough for us. How long has Joshua been walking? Are you planning on having any more children? Look forward to hearing from you again soon..

Carina, Tas.

Hi Carina,
I like Nash's name. I will keep an eye out in baby name books for a meaning and send it to you if I find one.
I am envious of you having you Mum there to visit. I have always missed my parents heaps (have lived in a different state to them for the last 6 years) but miss them even more now we have Joshua. I especially miss my Mum, though I we ring each other every second day and if I need advice I am straight on the phone to Mum.
It is funny that you say that you would be constantly missing Nash if you went out by yourself, because that is exactly what happened with Luke and I. The first time we went out by ourselves we rang home 3 times and we were only gone for 2 hours. The second time we went out we did the same thing and it took us about 10 mins into our 1/2 hour stroll along the beach to realise that we could hold hands as we didn't have a baby to carry or a pram to push. Even now we find it takes a few minutes to realise that we can hold hands when out, because Joshua wants to walk every where.
Joshua has been walking since the 31 March, he just up and walked. He hadn't even really been pulling himself up on furniture much so I thought he walking was awhile away but he had other ideas. Since he stared walking he hardly ever goes in his pram, if he does it is because he is tired or unwell. When he went for his 12 month check up which was 3 weeks after he started walking, the Area Child Nurse said that he must have been walking in secret as he was walking really well for such a short time.
Well I best say farewell as Hubby has just walked in the door, he is home 2 hours early from night shift. All is okay, they just finished every thing they had to do tonight.
Hey do you have an e-mail address? Ours is watts_e@yahoo.com.au. I look forward to talking to you soon and hearing more about Nash's adventures.

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Hi, I'm 31 and a first time mum to 7 month old Sam and also love it. I also live in Tassie (born and bred here though). I'm interested in chatting about ways to entertain Sam and foods to try on him. He hasn't refused any food I've given him yet, but would like to know any suggestions you may have. Is Nash eating solids yet? Hope to hear from you...
Hi Melaynie,
Great to hear from you. Nash is eating solids and has been since about 3 1/2 months. I do try him on different things occasionally but I haven't really been too creative so far! He usually just has cereal and toast with vegemite(of course) at brekky, custard or fruit at lunch and vegies for tea. For snacks he loves Arrowroot biccies, cheese stiks and banana. I haven't yet had much success with meat. I have tried both beef and chicken with vegies and he does not like it!! I guess time will tell. I am still breast feeding as well. At his six month check up he was 8.5kg and 73cm so I'm pretty confident he's not lacking anything!! Nash is also very active. I don't think he is far off crawling..he gets onto his knees but can't quite co-ordinate the top end. We are starting swimming classes this week so I'm hoping all goes well. We also enjoy going for walks and he loves the car. He also loves being in his walker (with strict supervision) he gets into everything already! What do you and Sam do during the day? Hope to hear from you soon.

Carina, Tas.

Sign in to follow this topic