Huggies Forum

Fantastic Fathers Rss

I just want to tell everyone what a fantastic father my husband is.

He has not been able to work this week as he getting over an illness and is not strong enough to work yet.
During this time he has helped me with the house work (even the bathroom ) with out being asked including cooking, played with Hamish our 6 month old son for hours on end. He has taken turns to get up to Hamish in the morning so I can have a sleep in, and wait for it I have been given breakfast in bed twice!!!!!
It has been fantastic although he did manage to still get out of changing alot the the smelly nappies.

He starts work again tomorrow and I think Hamish is going to miss all that boys play, Oh well I'll just have to try to fill the rather large gap.

It has been fantastic

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

and this is the perfect example why all those single gals complain that all the good ones are taken.
and its gals like u and me that r the lucky ones.

nothing beats unconditional live.

DD 13/11/03 -DD 11.11.05 - DS 17.4.08

Id like to add my hubby has been unreal too, the best 48 hrs ive picked up a bad flu, he has taken time off work today to look after our 5month corrected at 9 weeks, to give me time to become a human again.....he is so unreal, i must add he does change the nappies even if he is working, and makes the bottles ready for night feeds.he is great, within all that he does 12 hr shifts working 2 days and 2 nights and then 4 days off...you can say im one off those lucky ones, who has a wonderful man.

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

I'm really lucky that my husband gets home from work just after 3p.m. each day. He then takes the kids off my hands so that I can either have a rest, catch up on some housework, start preparing dinner or chat on the phone to a friend (my favourite)!! He takes the kids outside to play or will play with them in one of their bedrooms. They build towers with blocks, play indoor (mini) basketball, do drawing / playdough, play with cars (on a road mat), etc.
Most of my friends don't get their partners home till after six o'clock so I realise how fortunate I am, and it's great for the kids and their dad to spend so much quality time together!!
Michelle
Kaz I hope you are feeling better soo.

Tineka, Mum to Hamish 3yrs, Abby 1yr & 1due 10/04

Hello All,

I just wanted to share that my huband is also a fantastic father. He adores our 16 month old daughter and is excited about our baby boy on the way, due July 30.

He's not afraid of a poo - filled nappy or staying up half the night with a sick baby! He will come home from work and take our daughter out for an hour to the park or shops to give me a break and will cook dinner too. He is a wonderful husband too.

Everyday I know how lucky I am and I hope he knows how much he means to me.

I don't think dad's get enough credit, so well done for starting this post!!!

Michelle.
Hi guys,
I have to say my hubby is really good too. Changes nappies, plays with George, has been quite helpful while I have been pregnant. And does all the cooking!

He's not so good at helping with the housework, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

My husband is FANTASTIC!! Not only does he work early morning shifts, he helps when our baby is unsettled and allows me to finish my part time study at TAFE. These are only the tip of the iceberg. I LOVE MY JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!

Angela, NSW

I'd like to say my husband has really stepped up to the plate with Liam. He gets up to him at night, when we first got home he was the one pacing the floors with Liam when he wouldn't settle letting me get sleep.
On weekends Liam tends to wake earlier so Craig gets up and Plays with him, letting me sleep in. Everthing I do (except breastfeed) he does too. When Liam first started solids and his number 2's smelled really bad Craig changed them as he didn't find them so bad.
Mother's day he cooked me Pancakes for brekkie and served it up to me so I ddin't have to lift a finger.
He helps with the housework, cooking everything. He's great I couldn't do it without him.
Kristy

member since 2004

Sign in to follow this topic