Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. Your Recipes & Cooking Tips
  5. What do the numbers for the additives mean?

What do the numbers for the additives mean? Rss

I am getting tired of reading the ingredients on the labels of food to only be told it contains some numbers not the word of exactly what is in the product. I did have a rough print out of the breakdown of what most of the numbers were but have misplaced it. Does anyone know where I may be able to get another?
Hi Janeen,
there is a website - www.foodstandards.gov.au that might have the information you are looking for.
I haven't investigated it properly - as i only just found it. So give it a go and see what you think.
bye for now

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hello Yonny, I really want to know what I am giving my son so I will search this site right now!! Thanks again for coming to my rescue!!
your welcome janeen, did the site provide any info? I still haven't looked properly - I have been run off my feet the last few days :~

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Hi Yonny, Sure does help, if you go into the site then click on the quick links on the top right hand side and then click on Food Additives and Labels it takes you straight into a list or even the closest book shop where you can buy a book with a comprehensive lists of them.
Thank you so very much for this information as I had no idea where to begin! Hope things slow down for you soon.
Sign in to follow this topic