Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Toddlers drawings Rss

My daughter loves too draw and I hate the thought of losing any of them and there are only so many that can go to grandparents and other relatives, so I put them in a display book so we can go thru her drawings without her accidently ruining them. The books are really cheap and hold 40 A4 sheets and most you can refill, you can get larger ones but because they are more expensive I'll wait until she is at kindy to buy one, I'll also use her drawings and paintings to wrap presents in. Laminating her pictures and framing them for us or too give as presents is another way I can cherish her childhood as it goes bye all too quick. I date and age all her pictures so we have a record and see how she progress as she gets older.
i know exactly what you mean.
both of my children love to draw, i have a pile of paintings drawing and more from my eldest who is in pre-primary.
my daughter is 14 months old and she is starting to get a major pile happening so i also send them to relatives and use them as wrapping paper its all just so precious, and i love every one of them.
These are great ideas that i will start to use! So far I have only given her a scrap book so it is all together anyway. I also dated the front of the book so I could see her progress!

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

weve got friends who framed their daughters paintings they look great

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi There, Another thing that I do with both my son's drawings is to use them as wrapping paper for presents. I've found that their grandparents LOVE it when they get a gift from the boys taht has been wrapped in a piece of their artwork.
Karan

Karan, Queenstown, NZ, 2 Boys

Hi Karen,

I totally agree with the wrapping paper idea. I just keep folding them up and put them into a shoe box. I have just had two birthdays and my box is running very low. Must get those pencils and paint out again!

Also my daughter was very proud to see her drawings being used at wrapping paper!

Tepe

In the past I have strung up a line, like a skipping rope, and pegged up the kid's artwork in their rooms. It's like an evolving gallery. I rotate the artwork and slowly remove the old ones. With four kids, artwork quickly goes from cute to clutter! I have also used a clip-coathanger to clip artwork and keep putting the new one on the top. Because kids want to keep everything, I can remove the back ones after a while and discreetly throw tham away without them noticing. I keep the best ones to file away and use them as wrapping paper like the others have suggested. Don't forget that Grandma and Nanna can never have too many pictures!! I even let my kids post them pictures, even though they live ten minutes away. They all get a buzz out of it.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Nyrrek,

Great idea about posting them to the Grandparents, i am going to do that this week!

Yes i can understand with 4 kids there would need to be some kind of disposal system. I only have one that draws at the moment, and that is perfect for the presants!

Tepe

Hey these are some great ideas. Tyler is so obsessed with Batman and is always drawing bats! I love saving all his treasures but there is a limit! Maybe if I can stop him raiding my photocopying paper and go on to larger sheets of newsprint I may be able to use them for wrapping paper for his friends birthdays.
Sign in to follow this topic