for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. sleeping while out & about

sleeping while out & about Rss

hi. my 9 month old little girl will only go to sleep in her cot or in the car. This causes problems when we go out. i have tried holding her, that doesnt work. its ok if we r at a friends house i just put her in a bedroom away from everyone. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks

KORINA, WA, 9MTH KAYLA

Hi Korina,
I understand your frustration. I've found that wrapping my children always worked for them when we went out & then I'd cover the pram over with a throw cloth so the the light & stimulus are reduced. My daughters are both interested in their surroundings & everything would catch their attention. By wrapping them (in a large muslin wrap) I removed their ability to wriggly & then I would remove the pram toys & cover them up.
Eventually they got the hint.
Hope this helps,
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

hi pete, thanks for the reply. i have tried wrapping kayla up that doesnt work. i have been putting a throw rug oer the pram for acouple of weeks. kayla is slowly getting use to it. thanks again. korina

KORINA, WA, 9MTH KAYLA

Hi Korina,
You probably won't like this suggestion but have you tried a dummy with Kayla? The best type to get is the NUK as it's the one nearest to the shape of the mouth. Naturally if she doesn't like it & you find them too expensive, you can always try a cheaper alternative. It took us 3mths of perseverence to get our baby to take a dummy but it was necessary as she has reflux & they actually help them.
Hope things are improving for you,
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

hi again. i already use nuk dummies. we have tried all dummies you can buy. thanks bye korina

KORINA, WA, 9MTH KAYLA

Sign in to follow this topic