Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. HELP!! I Have a 3 year old who won't go in his bed!

HELP!! I Have a 3 year old who won't go in his bed! Rss

I need some advice on what to do, I have a nearly 3 year old who refuses to sleep in his own room, If he does go in his room he wakes at 2 am and sneaks into our bed. My daughter aged 9 months is also now screaming if she goes in her cot. I don't know what to do. It is too the stage now where I keep the kids in my room to keep the peace. I have tried the controlled crying stuff and my daughter just gets hysterical.

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Cristie,

If you have tried the control crying and stuck to it religiously and it hasn't worked then I suggest contacting your nearest health clinic and asking for help. I know the clinics in Brisbane has a program called Triple P which a program designed by the University of Queensland and has been highly recommended to me by friends. I have had the same problems and we finally got it under control. Triple P have a control crying method that is a little different then the usual way of control crying. It does work!!!!

If you are not able to get any information on this. Email me on adam.renee@optusnet.com.au and I will fax or mail the information given to me on it. I also watched a video which made me laugh as it was like watching my old child! The video is an american one with a paeditrician called Dr Feber who is very well known for his work.

It does get better and you have to be STRONG!!! Please don't hesitate to email if you want.

All the best
Renee

Nae, Qld, SAHM with DD 7yrs, DS 5yrs & DD 22mths

Dear Renee,
thanks for your reply, My son is now falling asleep on our bed but we are able to put him into his bed once he is asleep, And as for my daughter she is sleeping in the port a cot in her brothers room but still screams if she is put in the cot in her room.

Very strange, My son didn't like that room either when he was a baby he refused to sleep in there!

Cristie, SA, boy 18/04/01, girl 22/05/03

Christie,

It is good to hear that things are going well for you. You do what works for you. Hope things continue on the way they are for you at the moment.

Best regards

Renee

Nae, Qld, SAHM with DD 7yrs, DS 5yrs & DD 22mths

Sign in to follow this topic