for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. What time is the right time?

What time is the right time? Rss

I have 22mth daughter old who is showing all signs of being ready, but I am also 32 weeks pregnant and we are renovating a new house. I have been told not to start toilet training if you are expecting a new baby or moving house, it apparently sets them back. So what am I suppose to do? Go ahead or wait?
Hi Anita

I also have a 22mth old girl and am 22 weeks pregnant. Hannah has started to sit on the toilet but we have not had much success as yet. I don't know if it is the right time or not but I feel that if she wants to do it why not let her. I am not pushing her in any way, some days she refuses to sit on the toilet at all and I am not making a big deal of it.

I feel that if they regress when the baby comes then so be it we will just start again. I am going to try and push the big sister thing though. I haven't done this before either so I don't know if I am right or wrong but I believe that they will do it when they are ready and as long as we are supportive and praise them when they do go in the toilet and don't tell them off when they don't but say things like "next time we will try that in the toilet" or "please try and tell mummy when you need to go" there is not much more we can do.

If you would like to email me and swap stories my email is jolukec@smartchat.net.au

Good Luck

Jo

Jo, toddler & 1 on way

It depends on the child!

I got my first toilet trained, night time aswell, just after he turned 2 and we moved in between the whole thing and it didn't seem to upset the process! Just keep at it no matter how streesful it may seem as it pays off in the end!

Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic