Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

She wont wear a hat anymore Rss

Hi,
My nearly 12 month old girl now refuses to wear a hat. When she was younger we had no problems and she used to wear one all the time when outside. Now when I put one on her, she just pulls it off straight away. I've even tried using the ones you tie beneath their chin, but she still yanks it off! Even when inside I endeavour to get one on her but it makes no difference. It makes walks in the stroller during the day very hard as the sun gets in her eyes even with the visor down. Im sure she is sick of me smearing the 15+ on everytime we go outside. Any ideas??

Sophie and Daniel's Mum - Tassie

Hi how are you??

I have a 16 month old son who is exactly the same. He used to wear hats until he was about 12 months old and he started to pull them off. He is now just starting to keep it on sometimes. I started putting a hat on myself so he can see mummy wearing a hat and he if goes to pull it off I just say 'no' and try and distract him by giving him something to play with and keep his hands occupied. I hope this helps sorry I haven't got any better suggestions.
Good luck

Karen, Vic, Nicholas 26/10/02

My daughter wears her hat and actually asks for it alot, i think its cause she sees her dad wearing one on most of his days off,
Theres not much you can do except maybe you could get them to choose their own hat at the shop, it might make it a novelty!!

Sarah,VIC 18mth daughter

My boy hates hats with a passion! I got him one with a drawstring on it and he can't get it off! We have a couple of minutes screaming with him trying to pull it off and then he is distracted by something else. He has another go at pulling it off from time to time but gives up when he realizes that he can't.

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi there,

My daughter is now 16 months old and loves to wear her hat. She did go through a stuborn stage around 12 - 13 months where she refused to wear her hat. I made it into a bit of a game... you can't go outside without your hat. Now days when we are about to go out side and I forget her hat she will run and get it and put it on before we go out the door. Perservere, it does get better.

Goodluck...
Sign in to follow this topic