Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Kindy Lunchbox Rss

Hi I'm not sure if this falls in to this catagory very well but my first is 3 1/2 and is going to go to kindy for the first time and I was wondering what might be good to put in his lunchbox that is both yummy and nutirional and that will also keep well.
Thanks for your help
Hi Fiona!
My son, who is 3, also has just started Kindy this last week! It is hard to find things to put in their lunchboxes! I bought things like Uncle Toby's Real Fruit Bars, Museli Bars, LeSnacks and I also make him a promite or vegemite sandwich! He is not one for eating fruit so that's why I buy him the fruit bars...I know they aren't as healthy but at least he eats them! If anyone has any other ideas for us mum's new to the lunch packing please let us know!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I love sending my little girl with a healthy lunch box. I usually make a sandwich and change what I put in it from ham and cheese, vegemite and cheese and avocado and ham. I also put fruit in such as grapes, strawberries, cherries, cheese, carrot sticks, sultanas, dried apricots, and I make my own biscuits.

Have a look at the ingredients list on the fruit bars and you will find sugar is probably the second largest ingredient. I don't buy these.

Tanya,QLD, 5yr, 3yr, 6mth

Hi, just a quick response! I don't find sugar a problem with my son that's why I suggested fruit bars! If your child reacts to sugar then don't get these but my son is fine with them!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

FionaB,

How about cheesesticks, you say that your little one doesn't eat fruit. How about fruit in fruit packs (SPC, Goulbourn Valley etc? or dried fruit such as sultanas, appricots etc?) I know that they are dried and therefore contain sugar but it is an alternative if your little doesn't eat friut.

Crackers and cheese, vegie sticks (carrots, celery etc) with cream cheese, saos with vegemite or cream cheese or some spread. My little one loves kabana.

There are also toddler/kids meals and snack receipe books that you can purchase from any bookstore or newsagency that might be able to give you more ideas.

Best of luck!

Nae, Qld, SAHM with DD 7yrs, DS 5yrs & DD 22mths

Sign in to follow this topic