Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

babyshower info anyone? Rss

hello iam expecting another boy in january and this time round id like to have a baby shower with my friends has anyone got any idea's on games and food to eat?

JB

Hey Twoboyz, I read this idea the other day and thought is was interesting. Instead of your friends bringing gifts you buy a large amount of fabric paint. Everyone brings either a plain singlet or wondersuit and they all paint their own special thing for you. You could do they same thing with a plain piece of calico. Then I got to thinking, you could do many things like buy a huge terracotta pot and have everyone paint something on it and your current children could add their hand or foot prints. You would need to put some sort of sealant on it after everyone was finished. Then when you have a christening, naming ceremony or just a birth celebration you could plant something in it that will last in the pot like a standard fig or simular. So your other children dont feel left out you could do the same thing for them either at the same time or even for their next birthday party. You could have all their little friends help to decorate it. Its endless I guess. Hope this helps.

Hello Jacinta,
I had a baby shower for my girlfriend about a month ago and we had a blast. We played pass the parcel. We also played 'name the baby' where we pulled a letter out of a hat and everyone had to write as many names starting with that letter in about 4 minutes 9 giving to the person next to you to check for realistic names) fun for the mum to keep. The memory game was interesting between the generations for baby things. Older generations had no idea what nappy sacks were and younger ones struggled with snappies for cloth nappies). We were also going to play speed nappies (who can fold a cloth nappy and put it on a doll the fastest. I think any traditional kids game creates a fun afternoon. As far as food goes chicken skewers, mini quiches, general savouries. Drinks were wine and soft drink Tea and Coffee.
Hope this helps. Have fun

Fiona, NSW

Hi Janine,

What great ideas, these could also be used for birthdays or any celebration!

Thanks Again wink
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Tepe

How did your baby shower go? Mine is in 2 weeks any tips for me?

Steph smile

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Hi Steph,

I didn't have a baby shower with either children. My choice, as my sister wanted to organise something for me! I guess it just comes down to being shy, and not wanting the attention on me!

Sorry no tips here, hope you have a great day and get spoiled rotton!!

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Sorry I thought it was you who started the post smile

mine is sunday week and I can't wait, yes getting spoit rotten sounds like a plan gasp)

hi everyone

my shower was great fun and I thought I'd let you know 2 of the games that we played that were a blast.

1) On the invitations everyone was asked to bring a baby photo (in hindsight i would change thi sto baby/toddler as lots of people didn't bring one as they didn't have baby pics)
When the guests arrived they gave me there pics and I kept them till everyone had arrived. Once we had all the pics we bluetacked them to the wall with a corresponding number. Everyone (regardless if they had brought a pic) was given a sheet of paper and a pen with everyone who had brought a pics name on it and a line next to it to write the correct number. The person with the most right (it turned out to be my mum - not rigged I swear) wins the prize gasp)

2) Before the party buy enough nappy pins for everyone to have at least one (3 would be best) when the game starts everyone has a pin and for the durayion of the game - ours went for about an hour but could last the whole party, no one is allowed to say BABY if someone hears them say it they have their pin taken away. at the end of the game the person with the most pins wins the prize. You should have seen how crazy everyone was getting when someone said BABY :oP

anyway they were tons of fun.

Love steph

Hi there at my shower we had a simalar game to your second one only as you are not supposed to cross your legs during pregnancy that was how you lost your pegs.
Hi.. I'm nearly 38 weeks pregnant, and had my baby shower a few days ago. My sister organised it, and she thought of a few great games. My favourite would have to have been a competition to see who could make the best baby out of play-dough. Got lots of giggles. Another one was getting both parents names (in my case Cindy (me) and Austin (daddy to be)) and combine the letters of our names to make as many names as possible.
Also makes the mood if you have a few decorations up. My sister used blue and pink stramers and balloons to set the mood. - A lovely touch was a little journal/ book that was passed around to every guest, and they had an oppertunity to write down tips, advice, comments, and best wishes for both me and daddy to be. - A lovely keep-sake. - Hope this helps! - Cindy.

Cindy due 26th December 04

Hi
I just organised a baby shower for two of my good friends. The stand out games were definitely the outdoor ones...
The first one was a cotton ball game. I set up 2 buckets (4 -5 metres apart) and filled one bucket with cotton balls. The person was blindfolded and given a big serving spoon to transfer the cotton balls into the empty bucket. It's was so funny watching everyone either miss the bucket completely, lose their bearings or drop the cotton balls.
The other good game was 'my water's broke'. I split the girls up into two teams. The idea was to place a water balloon between your knees and waddle to a bucket and drop it without breaking them.
Everyone got involved in both games and were good sports about it all. It made for some good photos too!
I have plenty of other ideas if you're interested : )
Best of luck!

Jennifer, DS 21/06/03, DS 16/10/05

I had baby showers for both my boys, thier great ,you get spoilt, for ideas for games
1 pin the dummy on the baby, draw pictureor get
poster of baby make a paper dummy,
or
another blind folded game is in pairs , have bowls of custard etc.. bi
blindfolded person has to try a feed thier partner using only thier direction,
hope these give you some ideas , have a good time and hope you get spoilt.

rachel,sa mum of darien 8, lucas 2

Sign in to follow this topic