Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pains down low... Rss

I am now just over 37 weeks pregnant and the countdown is on ... but over the last week I've been feeling some rather sharp pains at the bottom of my belly and it only seems to happen when the baby is moving ... I'm not sure if it's Braxton Hicks as my tummy doesn't go hard with the pain - I just feel the baby moving. Is it just the position of the baby? Sometimes I can't move because the pain is so intense - it's a really sharp deep down pain.

Has anyone else had the same thing? Do you know what is causing it? Do you think it's Braxton Hicks? My midwife says it's just my pelvis softening up which may well be the case but it's weird that I only get the pain when the baby moves.

Any comments/help will be greatly recieved...

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

This maybe a bit late but yes I had the same thing with my last child! The doctor told me that the baby was just pushing on a nerve! I had that pain all through my labour, my daughter was in a bad spot!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

No you're not too late ... I'm still 4 days away from my due date and so far no action!

I am however, still getting the sharp pains mostly in the evening. They are not pleasant at all but I guess it is only the beginning of worse feelings to come when I actually do give birth ...

thanks for your comments

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

G'day Debs,
Just a quick note to see how you are doing? Want to write anytime my email is j_n_blair97@bigpond.com Hope all is well. Catch up soon!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

This can be the loosening up of the muscles, cervix etc to prepare for the birth. Ive had similar experiences with sharp stabbing pains and sore groin muscles.

Blakes mum

Sign in to follow this topic