Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How to have a boy? Rss

Does anyone have any old wives tales or any ways that are suppose to increase the chances of having a boy. Iwould like a boy but it isn't a neccessity. I already have two girls. So any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

karla, QLD, 2yo and 9mth girls

I have heard that to have a boy you are to have sex as close to the time you ovulate as possible and only that one time. Boy sperm are stronger swimmers than girl sperm but are not able to live as long as girl sperm. So the idea is that the day you ovulate, have sex and hopefully the boy sperm swim faster, get to the egg and fertilise it. If you have lots of sex during the week you ovulate your more likely to have a girl because the boy sperm will die quicker than the girls while waiting for the egg to be hatched! Does that make sense?! I read "How to choose the sex of your baby" - not sure who wrote it. It was an interesting read.

Good luck - let me know how you go!

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

I have an excellent book called Choose the Sex of your baby the natural way by Hazel Chesterman-Phillips. She mentions diet, sperm count, ovulation and timing. It seems from what I've read the most important thing is timing. Apparently male sperm swim faster but die quicker, and female are slower but last longer. She says it is important to know your cycle and when you ovulate. Sex up to one week before ovulation (stopping a day or so before) is supposed to bring a girl as the sperm can live for a week, whereas for a boy it should be on the ovulation day. I haven't tried the method out, but she has had fantastic success with people who have adhered to her methods. Hope this helps.

Michelle, NSW - 9 yr old boy and newborn baby girl

Sign in to follow this topic