Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Any ideas to start the labour

Any ideas to start the labour Rss

I only have 3 days to go and my Mum has travelled A fair distance to be with me during labour and hopefully a week after the baby is born, she has to be home in 2 weeks time weather the baby was born on time or not, for work, any ideas.

Allison, QLD, 9 mth baby

Sex. Apparently sperm helps thin out the cervix. It worked for me, I came 2 weeks early and had a very short labour.Goodluck

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

Ditto.

I was 2 weeks late for my son, they were going to induce me the following week if I didn't give birth before. The Doctor suggested having more frequent sex... doesn't have to be long but helps if Sperm is released.

I was to be induced the following Monday, I had my son in 6 hours on the Thursday before... so you tell me if it worked.

hope this helps

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

They say sperm will thin out the cervix which is what needs to be done.

Take a lavender bath.
A long walk ( but take someone with you).
Rasberry Leaf tea.

Good luck with it, hope that baby comes soon for you. Amy
Hi
Just wondering if you've had the baby yet? Hope you have and hope it went well.

Would love to hear where you're at with everything.

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

You have probably had your baby by now! But for others interested...SEX! I know it is uncomfortable by the late stages but it worked for me! Bam, then a couple of hours later I was in labour, 8 days early too!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

I've been trying with the sex thing but nothing has happened for me! I'm due in 2 days time and with this heat would really love to get it over and done with! So is there anything else aside from sex?

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

I know it's pretty hot at the moment but what about walking? I found it pretty hard at the end but if you can a brisk walk might help? Also I have read that drinking rasberry leaf tea helps or, if you can handle it, a good curry! Best wishes

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic