Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. premmie baby 14 weeks too early

premmie baby 14 weeks too early Rss

any one who has a premmie baby knows what to expect but for my first which she was born on 11/11/03 was due to be born 17/2/03 quiet didnt make it... with high blood pressure and high protien at 22 weeks we were told we would be lucky to make it to xmas...we hadnt herd of premie babies so with out labor and any hard kicks yet we throught our little bundle wouldnt surive.. too much of a surprise now 3 weeks on tuesday 2/12/03 she is doing much better than some off the babies in her room.much help from her friends in nicu....

karen,NSW, mummy to Caitlin Born 14 weeks early

I hate to see those poor little precious babies in those great huge humidicribs- I don't know how you parents can handle it. It is great to hear that your little one is doing so good... prayers to all of you and all the babies in "babies room."

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Congratulations,

May the next few weeks continue as good as the first! My thoughts are with you and your family,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Congratulations on the birth of your precious baby. What have you named her? My thoughts are with you. Please let us know how you are going.
hey guyz her name is caitlin akela....she is doing good had a bit of a bad week just needed to rest i think...she is now 721 grams and gained 48 grams in 2 days...she has not been off cpap at all ( the machine that opens her lungs for her and she does all the breathing on her own). shes doing well i will keep u in formed of her changes....how we do it. we just do it like everyone else would do it if they just had to do it too.....its not easy but im more there for her support.....we have cuddles every day she knows my voice now too which is lovely to see when i walk up to her and start talking she looks at me...

Thinking of you! It sounds as though Caitlin is doing well. Her weight gain is fantastic. Every achievement is worth celebrating. Hang in there and just be there for your little girl. We're cheering for you.
Hi. I'm so happy that caitlin is doing well. My daughter, Angelique was born just over 12 weeks early at 650 grams and was in hospital for 12 weeks and 1 day. When she came home she was then on home oxygen for a further 3 months, but now is doing fine at 8.6kg and 11 months old - 8 months adjusted age.
Take each day as it comes and cherish every moment you are together. She'll be home soon and you'll be the proudest parent around - I couldn't be more proud of our little miracle baby and I'm sure you'll feel the same once she's home and the worrying is over.
If you want to talk more about prems with me my email address is heather@aacsis.com.au.
Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
Hi,

Great to hear how well Cailin is doing and how well she is gaining weight! Hoping to hear more of her little milestones,

Best wishes,
Tepe

hey guys. updaate on how bubs is doing she was up to 845 grams but lost 20 grams with swelling...other than that its much the same...
will keep u all informed on what is going on!

Hi Kaz,

Still sending all my positive vibes your way!!! Keep growing Caitlin, and Merry first Christmas to you!!

Tepe

another update guyz she is now 890 grams!
the bet is on..how much she weighs at xmas?
merry xmas to u tepe. and keep those positive vibes going...

Hiya,

My bet is 9.5 kg, but what do I know... I just hope Caitlin keeps growing stronger and bigger,

Surprise us sweetie, and be a big fat 1kg grin

Tepe

Sign in to follow this topic