Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

is it normal!!!!!!! Rss

to have braxton hicks all night and then all that day tooooooooo

renee edd 14.12.03

Hi Ruby, are you nearly due? I think it's normal if you're in your last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm 40 weeks and am getting them all the time, it shouldn't be keeping you awake at night.
Cheers,

Helen, Vic, first baby on way

yeah i am due in 2 weeks and 1 day but im saying there braxton hicks cause there not all that painful they can get painful but not all the time... i just dont know cause when i tell my doctor these things she just says oh yeah and thats it so im not sure what to think of them and i dont want to ask my doctor cause im sick of getting the same answer

renee edd 14.12.03

In my last two weeks I had them for two weeks straight!! Nearly every hour - Day - Night and they were very painful. The docs told me that's normal and to just be patient for the labour to come. Easy to say when your feeling very fat and in pain ALL the time and sick of it all. But my girl was worth the pain and wait.
Hope that helps a little.

Lisa, SA, baby girl (4.5.03)

thanks for that, im just a little worried cause im spose to be going out of town tomorrow and not sure if i should go or stay home.

renee edd 14.12.03

Hi Ruby
I'm due on 19.12 & am having exactly the same symptoms. Lower belly pain, Painful Branxton Hicks & inability to sleep & /or get comfy at night. Unfortuanately I am getting the same reaction from my obstetrician. Problem is my first was breech & I went in to labour but had the symptoms like I am now - not a huge amt of pain & was told my contractions were 6 mins apart - apparently. So I don't really know what ture labour is all about.

This time baby is head down & everything is sooooo different in all areas - pain, movement etc.

Are you getting really bad back ache. I just can't get rid of it!!

If ache & belly pain doesn't go away I'll probably head to the hospital this afternoon to just check it out as I'm getting a little concerned & so is my husband. My 1st was 1 1/2 weeks early so I could go anytime.

I'll let you know how I go. Good luck with your bub
Regrds
Tracey

Mum 4 1/2 boy & baby girl 12 months (on Dec 21st)

hey tracy

thanks for your input its nice to know that even though i dont wish this on anyone im not the only one going through it. yes i have really really really bad back ache that just doesnt go away i have even gotten to the point now where i am trying natural inducement things like epo and castor oil and things like that but i hope everything goes well for you if you would like we can keep in contact just get back to me and i will drop you a line:) good luck to you aswell with your bub

renee edd 14.12.03

Hey Ruby,

Is this your first? If so have you had a show??? They say it can discard upto 2 weeks before giving birth but mine came away the day I gave birth.

I hope everything goes well! Good luck

You 're lucky, because I'm due in 3 days and haven't felt one braxton hicks yet and all I won't is the baby out.

Allison, QLD, 9 mth baby

Hi Ruby
Yes I'm still at home, not much change still irregulare branxton hicks & aching in lower belly. Going to see gyno tomorrow & i'll ask him how far I'm dilated if at all. I had a huge glass of port on Sat night - hopefully this will work. It did with my first, in 2 days I had a show & 3 days later was in labour.

Living in hope it will happen sooner rather than later
Regards
Tracey

Mum 4 1/2 boy & baby girl 12 months (on Dec 21st)

Sign in to follow this topic