Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Starting Labour Yourself Rss

This is my third time around and am very impatient. Baby was engaged at 29 weeks and doctor kept saying he was on his way. I am now 38.5 weeeks on and he is still playing games. Tried all the usual, even a strenuous dance workout, castor oil, EPO, Blue Kohosh, bumpy rides, sex and even had a bit of a gelatinous show two days in a row, but baby's still nestling inside. I wouldn't have been so frustrated if baby wasn't engaged so early and they say for a 3rd baby, being engaged should have started me off in labour. Has anyone got any other suggestions other than to wait? If I have to wait any longer, I might decide to take up knitting, who knows?

Mum 2 Skaie, Alyxanthe & Logan

hey,
whats EPO, Blue Kohosh for a start? sorry i didnt mena that to coem out rude if it did iv just never heard of them? they do suggest curries, particuly thai also nipple tweaking. Primrose oil tablets too iv heard of.
Bek

Bek (21), Peter (25), Chelsea (3) Luke (1)

Thank you Bek for your reply. Two weeks ago I said the same thing. What is Blue Kohosh? EPO? Well, Blue Kohosh is a herbal root tincture that you can use as droplets in your tea or juice, whatever... tastes awful! EPO is as you suggested.. Evening Primrose Oil. These two things came highly recommended, but I am now 4 days to due date and I cannot say they have worked. Tried the curry tonight so here's fingers crossed.

Iv heard that Castor oil in Oj or ginger beer works, plus raspberry leaf tea, and comino tea, blowing up ballons, metamucil, brisk walks, heat pack on your breast and nipples, pineapples, dancing. But most inportantly rexlaxing. also they reckon burning lavendar oil with a few drops of jasmine in it as jasmine is supposed to bring on uterine contractions.Im gona try all of them. Sex doesnt seem to be working though its helping engage the baby.
Bek

I have also heard of nipple massage to induce labour - apparently it causes the uterus to contract. BUt I was told that you have to massage one nipple at a time, as if you massage both at once, it causes distress to the baby. I have also been told that walking brings on labour - but don't listen to me - I went 17 days over!!

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

To Bek:
I've had a great laugh reading your reply but the baby must be laughing with me, he isn't buying into coming out yet. I've been dancing but I must say that pineapples had me stumped until my husband pointed out that I should try the canned ones! Only kidding. Most fun. Thank you.

Oh Marti!
17 days overdue? I've been engaged for about 11 weeks now... didn't the doctors suggest inducing early? Wow! I would really like to know from anyone out there how long doctors do wait after due date. I must say that 17 days is probably the longest I've ever heard anyone go over. COngratulations on your bubs Marti. Fingers crossed its 17 hours for me not days!
Kat

Yep, 17 days!! Because this was my first baby, all the Drs were convinced that I just had my dates wrong - and that he would come when he was ready - no matter how many times I told them that I was CERTAIN of my dates!!! It was hell, let me tell you, every day felt like a month - and I had to field 30 calls a day, all saying the same thing - "Haven't you had that baby yet?"

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

im sorry Marti but i just dont know how you did it. 17 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant even handle go for the full 40 weeks. Its too pysically straining. I want to try everything and anything. But im waiting till 38 weeks to try castor oil. Phoenix if i find soemthing that works please please let me know.
Bek

as silly as it sounds i went 4 wheel driving!!!! very tiring and a little painful but my waters broke 2 days later!
I also heard when using raspberry leaf tea to make it 3 or 4 teabags per cup!! The stronger the tea the softer the cervix gets, so even if it doesnt bring on the contractions, your cervix will stretch and open easier!

celeste,wa,baby Ella

Hi Phoenix,
havent seen a post from u in the last few days, i guess something worked..... I hope so for your sake. This is my 7th baby and Ive been late with nearly all mine. 14days, 10 days, 5 days induced, and 4 days over and started myself with the old caster oil, it worked for me.
im planning to get this one rolling the same way if i havent gone by my due date.. 12.9.03. My experience hasnt been much different with induction as with spontainious labour, 1 baby got abit stressed cause labour came on hard n fast, another still didnt wanna come after rupturing membranes, took a day of solid walking and being overly energetic to get her going. Every pregnancy and labour is different, but i know the feeling of impatience when u get to the late stages of pregnancy,,, very very well....... i just want the next 18 days to fly..........
Anyway,, best of luck,,,
Suze

No.7 Due 12.9.03

Suze,
Hey i didnt realsie before but your due the same day as me. 18 days id that all thats left it seems like a life time thats just not gona end. I want it over with i tried cumin tea last night but all that made me do was throw up and feel like really yuck all night so never again. I want the baby out. I cant handle it any longer but im waiting till 38 Wks when my docotrs told me i can use castor oil
With inductions and castor oil mainly, does it realyl dehydrate you that much it puts both urs and ur babys life at risk? how risky is it to bubs to have an induction?
Bek

Sign in to follow this topic